Miss Rodeo Lakeside Pageant Release and Agreement
I,__________________________________________ Date of Birth:____________________
Home Phone#: __________________________ Cell #:________________________________
Driver's License #: _______________________
Being a rodeo queen is a privilege as well as a responsibility to the El Capitan Stadium Association and the community.
Please remember to act responsibly.
I hereby apply for eligibility in the Miss Rodeo Lakeside Pageant and agree, if accepted as a contestant, queen, or as a
member of the Court, to do the following:
1. Queen and Jr. Queen certify as follows: that I am a female and not less 17 years of age and not more than 24 years of
age. I am single, have never been married nor have given birth to a child. I have never posed nude or semi-nude, for any
sexually explicit or compromising pictures, files, publications or movies, and have never been convicted of a felony and
will fully disclose all reasonably necessary personal data as requested by the pageant.
2. I will appear at the appointed time and place, for all functions, including rehearsals, unless excused by the Director of
this pageant pr committee or, unless prevented from doing so for reasons beyond my control. I understand that at all
appearances I will be with my Director, member of the Queen Committee or a prior approved chaperone. I will remain with
the chaperone throughout each appearance. I will not make any appearances as Miss Rodeo Lakeside or Jr. Miss Rodeo
Lakeside without an approved chaperone and without prior consent from the Director or Committee. Exceptions to this
can only be made by the Pageant Director.
3. I will reign as Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside for the ensuing year and will appear as requested by the Pageant
Director, to the best of my ability.
4. I will obtain my own transportation to and from appearances for myself and my horse when necessary. I will save and
hold harmless, the Miss Rodeo Lakeside Pageant, the El Capitan Stadium Association and all of its representatives from
all costs and liabilities connected for with. The Miss Rodeo Lakeside Queen Committee the Queen or the Jr. Queen are
not obligated or responsible for transportation other than their own. NOTE: Should I obtain transportation from another
titleholder, I will reimburse gasoline expenses at a minimum of $10 per appearance date. Do not take advantage of
another girls graciousness!
5. I understand I am accepting the responsibility for representing the community of Lakeside, the Lakeside Rodeo, the El
Capitan Stadium Association and Southern California and that my public conduct will be of the utmost concern during my
reign. I also understand that the whole community is judged upon my moral conduct. I will refrain from using profanity or
inappropriate language while representing Miss Rodeo Lakeside / El Capitan Stadium Association and/or any sponsor in
any capacity. A member of the Miss Rodeo Lakeside Court will conduct herself in a respectful, moral and professional
manner at all times. If my moral conduct or my personal conduct, for any reason, becomes embarrassing to the area I
represent, I will willingly give up my crown and return all prizes awarded to me or the monetary value hereof.
6. If for any reason I should move away or be unable, or unwilling, to fulfill my years reign as Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo
Lakeside. The Miss Rodeo Lakeside Committee can make the decision to appoint a runner-up as Miss Rodeo Lakeside
for the remainder of the reign. All gifts to Miss Rodeo Lakeside and Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside will belong to the El Capitan
Stadium Association until her reign ends on the night of the following year’s Miss Rodeo Lakeside Pageant. If Miss Rodeo
Lakeside or the Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside decide to end their term, or they are relieved of their positions by the El Capitan
Stadium Association, all gifts will be turned over to Emily Junk of the Miss Rodeo Lakeside Queen committee immediately.
This also applies if I should win another title that prevents me from fulfilling my year’s reign as Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo
7. I will not smoke, or drink alcoholic beverages and/or illegal substances, while appearing as Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo
Lakeside. I will not be seen smoking in public while reigning as Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside. A titleholder will not
make appearances while smelling of alcoholic beverages or tobacco products. If it is discovered that a titleholder
participates in these activities and is underage, their parents will be immediately notified. I will refrain from chewing gum
during my appearances as a Lakeside titleholder.
8. At any and all appearances, I will wear the crown, sash of Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside, belt buckle and if
appropriate trophy Miss Rodeo Lakeside saddle, and chaps that has been awarded to the titleholder by the Miss Rodeo
Lakeside Pageant. If the sash or crown design should change, I will wear only the sash that is provided to me by the
Director. I understand that the crowns, chaps and chaps vests are the permanent property of the El Capitan Stadium
Association and not my own.
9. I will not use nor imply that I use illegal narcotics. Nor if I am underage, suggest that I drink alcoholic beverages to
others while reigning as Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside and if I do, I will immediately forfeit my title, crown, awards, and
the further opportunity to compete in the Miss Rodeo Lakeside Pageant. If it is discovered that the titleholder participates
in these activities and is underage, her parents will be immediately notified. This will be at the sole discretion of the
Pageant Director and Committee. I will not be seen at parties which illegal drugs or alcohol are consumed or used.
10. I will dress in a modest western style while making appearances as Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside. I understand
that rodeo dress code will be followed: felt cowboy hat, long sleeves, pants or long skirt, belt, belt buckle and boots.
Whenever directed by the Pageant Director or her representative I will present myself prior to any and all appearances to
allow Pageant staff to verify that my wardrobe for that appearance is appropriate. If my wardrobe is deemed inappropriate
for any appearance, I will change clothes as directed by Pageant staff. Do not embarrass yourself or a member of the
pageant staff in disregarding this important rule! I understand that the Pageant Director is not responsible at any time to
wardrobe the titleholders. I will maintain clothing that is acceptable for a variety of appearances, at my own expense.
Continued infractions of this may be grounds for dismissal. This decision is solely the Pageant Directors or Committee.
11. The Pageant Committee and the El Capitan Stadium Association reserves the right to retrieve my title should I not
uphold this respectable pageant, rodeo or organization by my actions, public behavior and private image. At no time while
making appearances, is the titleholder to use fowl or inappropriate language in public or private in the presence of guests.
In addition, while on appearances, friends of the opposite sex, and more specifically boyfriends, must refrain from certain
physical contact- hand holding, hugging, kissing, “lovey dovey” affection in public.
12. If I have any pierced body part, other than the standard 2-4 earring piercing (navel, nose, eyebrow, etc.) I will agree to
remove earrings etc. (or in the case of a navel, conceal) whenever appearing as Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside. This
also applies to the current fad of ear “plugs”. If a contestant has “plugs”, they must be able to be removed and such ear
lobe stretching concealed on all appearances. This also applies to concealing any tattoos. Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo
Lakeside will not be allowed to make any appearances if she has a “hickey”. This is inappropriate in setting a good
example for the community. The determination will be made by the Pageant Director. Again, if Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo
Lakeside cannot make a scheduled appearance due to her body being thus marked, a runner up will substitute in her
place. Continued infractions of this will be grounds for dismissal (this is applicable for any and all of the above markings).
13. I agree than I will not incur, nor am I authorized to incur any debts on behalf of the Miss Rodeo Lakeside Pageant.
14. I also agree that I will not solicit or accept any prizes, gifts or money in the name of the pageant in any way
unless approved of by the Director.
15. In the event that I should marry, become pregnant, or if my conduct is in any way damaging to the Miss Rodeo
Lakeside Pageant, I will forfeit the crown and title and all awarded prizes immediately. Upon information being received
that any of these situations has occurred or is occurring, all cases will be investigated.
16. Failure to make the expected appearances will be grounds for dismissal. If for any reason, a titleholder should fail to
make appearances after agreeing to do so more than 3 times, she may face immediate dismissal.
17. All awards will become the titleholder's property the day after the next year's pageant and the titleholder has fulfilled
all the duties previously listed in this agreement. Any exceptions will be at the Directors discretion.
19. I certify that I will never willingly appear nude or semi-nude in any photo, video or file as of this date. I will
not pose nude or semi-nude for photo or file. While holding a title, I will not pose provocatively or suggestively on any
social media site (Facebook, MySpace etc.). I also agree that if there should come a time that I chose to do so when my
reigning year is over as Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside, I will not use any pageant photo of myself depicting the crown
and/or banner, to accompany distasteful, semi-nude or nude photos in any publication and I agree not to mention having
held the title Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside to be printed along with such photos for publications. Any such conduct on
my part in this regard, or use of any such pageant photograph or mention thereof, including the Miss Rodeo Lakeside
Pageant, may result in legal ramifications.
20. I will not violate the laws of The State of California, or any other state of the United States (only minor traffic
violations permitted). This includes such misdemeanor crimes as driving without a license. I will remember that I am
setting an example for the youth of Lakeside and Southern California in my actions.
21. Understand that I must be truthful with the Director regarding any arrests and convictions, whether
misdemeanor or felony prior to the pageant. Each situation will be reviewed on a case by case basis by the
Director. Final determination of contestant qualification shall be made by the Pageant Committee I understand that I
cannot lead an illegal lifestyle while holding the title of Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside.
22. I will not participate in any form of slander, gossip, or verbal belittling (whether it be in person, via telephone calls or in
writings) of any fellow contestant, titleholder, member of the Miss Rodeo Lakeside Committee, the El Capitan Stadium
Association or Sponsors. I will not make derogatory comments or actions regarding any potential contestant, titleholder,
member of the Miss Rodeo Lakeside Committee or Sponsor. This shall include any unwanted physical contact (hitting,
slapping, pinching etc). Foul language is not acceptable at any pageant rehearsal or pageant activity. Any incidents will be
investigated by the Pageant Director and/or Miss Rodeo Lakeside Committee and may lead to dismissal. The Miss Rodeo
Lakeside Pageant is dedicated to fostering an atmosphere of enjoyable, positive growth and will not tolerate any of the
malicious treatment detailed above.
23. I will not enter other pageants, or solicit fees to enter another pageant, using my title of Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo
Lakeside, unless specifically approved of by the Pageant Director in writing. I will not compete for any other title during my
reign as Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside without written permission of the Pageant Director.
24. I will be truthful and forthright in all my dealings relating to my duties as Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside. I will not lie
nor deceive the Director or Committee in any way.
25. I will inform the Pageant Director of any changes of my address or phone number within 24 hrs of such a
change. I understand that the Pageant Director must be able to contact me to arrange for appearances and I will make
every effort to inform her of my whereabouts.
26. I will hold the Miss Rodeo Lakeside Pageant, the Lakeside Rodeo, the El Capitan Stadium Association it’s Staff,
Volunteers, Director and representatives, including all Sponsors and Advertisers, harmless from any and all legal liability
from any damages resulting from my participation in this pageant.
27. If I should wear any article of clothing that is part of the Pageant Wardrobe, I will be responsible for any
dry cleaning costs. I will also be responsible for any necessary repair to return the item in the condition that it was loaned
to me. I will promptly return all items loaned to me, dry cleaned prior to the return if requested. All items must be returned
prior to the end of my reign or anytime at the request of the Director.
28. Any violation of the terms of this agreement may result in forfeiture of my eligibility to participate in the Miss Rodeo
Lakeside Pageant and/or forfeiture of the crown in the event I am selected Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside. Sole
discretion to whether forfeiture shall occur shall lie with the Director and the Committee. Additionally, in the event that
there is a disagreement regarding whether any action or inaction constitutes a breach of this agreement, the pageant
Director and Committee shall have sole authority to make a final decision. The Committee's decision shall be binding.
Should the pageant Director or Committee find that a breach has occurred but nevertheless allows me to continue with
the pageant and/or title, this decision by the pageant Director or Committee shall not constitute a waiver of any other
breach that may occur.
29. As , Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside I understand that I will be representing my community at a variety of events and
possibly other pageants as well. As such, I will work as a team with my Director to locate functions that I would like to
attend or support. I will also inform the Director if I have any platform which I would like to stress throughout
30. All appearance requests must be referred to the Director for approval. No arrangements for appearances may be
made by any other individual or titleholder. Any appearances which alcohol will be served will be approved on a case by
case basis. Appearance refusal may be made strictly due to the presence of alcohol.
31. I understand and agree that I will not use the title of Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside in connection with any other
pageant unless specifically given permission in writing by the Pageant Director.
32. I will attend each practice and dress rehearsal leading up to the Miss Rodeo Lakeside Pageant unless excused by the
Pageant Director or Committee.
33. I am informed that the Miss Rodeo Lakeside Pageant is fair and impartial, with each and every contestant entering
with the same chance to win the title(s). I understand that there can be only one person awarded the title of Miss or Jr.
Miss Rodeo Lakeside each year. By signing this agreement, I represent that I am sufficiently mature to accept the judges
final decision. I will not complain of the decision to the media nor the general public. I acknowledge that such behavior is
totally unacceptable in any type of competition.
34. I understand that if I am chosen as Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside, I will be requested to not attend college away
from San Diego County during my reign. However, if a contestant is currently attending college away from the area and
agrees to make the necessary and mandatory appearances requested of her by the Pageant Director and Committee, this
will be waived. If not able to do so, I will forfeit my title, crown, sash, belt buckle, saddle and all awarded prizes. Final
decision lies with the Pageant Director and Committee.
35. Following my reign as Miss Lakeside or Court member, I acknowledge that I may not make an “appearance” at any
event, fundraiser, car wash, or the like, using or wearing my crown and/or sash.
36. If you are aware at the time of the pageant that you will become ineligible (under the terms of this contract) to be Miss
or Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside, during the next 12 Months (for example, you are planning to be married, or are moving to
another area or state etc) you may not compete in this pageant for either title: Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside
45. At all times while competing in this pageant, as a contestant I will maintain a high level of polite and
46. Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside will be awarded official crowns and sashes, and belt buckles to wear at
appearances. A titleholder's crown will be maintained and cared for throughout the year. The sash will be dry cleaned and
maintained at the titleholders expense. A titleholder will not be allowed to make an appearance if the sash is in poor
condition (stained, ripped, extremely wrinkled etc). The crown will be maintained in a careful manner and cleaned at
regular intervals with a silver polish, if a stone falls out it needs to be replaced by a reliable source: jeweler or silversmith.
Do not use hairspray near the crown. If a crown is damaged in any way during her reign, it is the titleholders responsibility
to either have it repaired or purchase an identical crown through the Pageant Director at her own expense. The crowns
are prepetual and belongs to the El Capitan Stadium Association at all times.
47. Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside will be expected to arrive at all events in a timely manner and ready for
photographs at any time she is making appearances. This means that hair will be done and makeup will
already be applied upon arrival. When making appearances at rodeos it is acceptable to arrive early and get ready at your
horse trailer, however it is not acceptable to be walking around the rodeo grounds in curlers, or half dressed. While in the
view of the public please be sure that you are completely put together. Hair should be curled, it can be worn straight with
the prior approval of the Director or Committee. Your horse or the horse you will be appearing with needs to be sound,
clean and well groomed. Your tack needs to be clean and in good condition. Your chaps need to be clean. Miss or Jr. Miss
Rodeo Lakeside will maintain basic supplies such as: crown and sash, rhinestone earrings, makeup, lipstick, bobby pins,
safety pins, a black marker for autographs, autograph cards at all times, Tylenol or the like, personal products, a small
hairspray, chap stick and breath mints. The Chaperone will NOT carry your belongings. NO CELL PHONES WILL BE ON
OR VISABLE DURING ANY AND ALL APPEARANCES!
48. There are several appearances throughout the year that are MANDATORY for the Miss and Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside.
These include, but are not limited to:
*February 2014 Miss/Teen Lakeside pageant
*February 2014 ECSA meeting, Lakeside Rodeo Grounds 7pm
*March 2014 Miss Rodeo Poway pageant
*March 2014 Miss Bulls Only Queen Pageant
*March 2014 ECSA meeting, Lakeside Rodeo Grounds 7pm
*April 2014 Putting up posters in Lakeside, Santee, Alpine, El Cajon, Ramona
*April 2014 Promo at Parkway Plaza
*April 2014 ECSA meeting, Lakeside Rodeo Grounds 7pm
*April 2014 KUSI Morning News, El Cajon Ford, rodeo, TV and school promos
*April 2014 Slack at Lakeside Rodeo Grounds and media interviews
*April 2014 Optimist BBQ, Lakeside Rodeo Grounds 5pm-8pm
*April 2014 Lakeside Rodeo
*April 2014 TBD: promotions for Lakeside Rodeo not currently on this list
*April, 2014 Lakeside Western Days Parade
*May 2014 Miss Rodeo Ramona pageant
*May 2014 Ramona Rodeo & Parade
*July 2014 Bulls Only Rodeo
*Sept. 2014 Poway Rodeo & Parade
*November, 2014 Mother Goose Parade, El Cajon
*November 2014 Miss Rodeo Lakeside Pageant orientation, practices and pageant
*December, 2014 Breakfast with Santa, Lakeside Rodeo Grounds
Optional Appearances Include:
*Pine Valley Parade
*Valley Center Rodeo & Parade
*Coronado 4th of July Parade
* Fall Festival at Summer's Past Farms
*Miss Ramona & Miss Julian Pageant
*Circuit Finals Rodeo
Miss Rodeo Lakeside and the Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside are not limited to attending the above events. If there are any
other events they would like to attend and represent the Lakeside Rodeo, they must let the Miss Rodeo Lakeside Queen
Committee know and receive approval prior to attending.
49. Both Miss & Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside is responsible for maintaining communication with each other. The Director or
Committee will send an email detailing the appearance info to the Queens. The Queens are responsible for responding.
50. If during their reign, Miss or Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside determine that they no longer are willing to represent their
community with the title, for any reason other than previously listed, they hereby acknowledge that they will return all
prizes (including crown, sash, belt buckle, chaps, saddle and all awarded prizes) or the monetary value of each upon
demand. If this should occur, the titleholder understands that they will not be allowed to compete again in any subsequent
Miss Rodeo Lakeside Pageant.
51. All gifts to Miss Rodeo Lakeside and Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside will belong to the El Capitan Stadium Association until
her reign ends on the night of the following year’s Miss Rodeo Lakeside Pageant. If Miss Rodeo Lakeside or the Jr. Miss
Rodeo Lakeside decide to end their term, or they are relieved of their positions by the El Capitan Stadium Association, all
gifts will be turned over to Director immediately.
52.Miss Rodeo Lakeside and Jr. Miss Rodeo chaps, crowns and chap vests will always belong to the El Capitan Stadium
Association. The chaps, crowns, and chap vests are perpetual and each year the current Miss Rodeo Lakeside and Jr.
Miss Rodeo Lakeside may borrow them. Before the Miss Rodeo Lakeside 2014 Pageant the chaps and chap vests must
be cleaned and returned to Emily Junk to be put on display for that night of the Pageant. The queen and Jr. Queen are
responsible for the care of chaps, crowns, and chap vests. Prior to the 2014 Miss Rodeo Lakeside Pageant both the Miss
and Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside are responsible for engraving their name and year into the back of the crown and cleaning it/
If either is lost or damaged it is the responsibility of the queen or Jr. queen to have them replaced at her own expense.
51. Social Media - MySpace/ Facebook etc. Rules: I will not use any photograph taken of me in crown and sash or use my
title on my Facebook or Myspace etc. without specific permission by the Director. I will agree that I will not personally post
nor allow any negative comment regarding my community on any social media site. At no time will I post negative
comments that cause concern for my mental health ie. promoting suicide, “someone come kill me” “I want to die” “my life
is useless” or similar statements. I understand that my MySpace or Facebook account will be seen by others and I will
refrain from allowing any postings or pictures that contain nudity, profanity or any other inappropriate postings that would
reflect negatively upon me as a titleholder in any way. This includes any suggestions regarding smoking, drinking alcoholic
beverages, sexual activity or illegal actions. In simple words, if you wouldn't want your folks to see it, don't allow it on
there! Note: Following the pageant as a titleholder you will be expected to become a friend on the pageants’ Facebook
page, which will enhance communications between the team members.
52. Attitude: As a Lakeside Representative for an entire year. You will be expected to maintain a positive,
friendly, warm and congenial attitude whenever you are making an appearance. Sometimes, depending on health or
personal issues, this may take some serious effort on your part. If there is a situation where the Director, Committee or
Chaperone determines that this behavior is not possible, rather than give a negative impression, the appearance may be
canceled. Additionally, in their private lives, all titleholders must behave in such a manner in public that would not cause
embarrassment to the El Capitan Stadium Association, Lakeside Rodeo or Miss Rodeo Lakeside Pageant in any way. Any
incidents will be investigated by the Pageant Director and /or Committee and may lead to dismissal.
53. All questions regarding prizes and awards are to be directed to the Pageant Director or Committee. No contestant may
contact any sponsor or prize donor regarding donated prizes.
55. Final approval and acceptance as a contestant in the Miss Rodeo Lakeside Pageant rests with the
Pageant Director. and Committee.
56. Throughout the pageant and the year of appearances, a contestant or titleholder will take upmost care to not damage
the clothing or property of another contestant or titleholder. Any damage will be immediately repaired and the individual
causing the damage will be responsible to pay for such repairs. If a contestant intentionally, or seemingly intentionally,
damages the clothing of another contestant during the pageant competition, that contestant will be immediately
disqualified and no longer eligible to compete in the Miss Rodeo Lakeside pageant.
57. If a contestant is taking any medication, or being treated for a medical or psychological condition, they must inform the
director of what medications they are taking. This does not include birth control, antibiotics, or over the counter
medications. This is for your safety. Also, titleholders must carry a copy of their medical insurance cards with them at all
58. The Miss Rodeo Lakeside Queen Committee reserves the right to render judgment on any situation not covered in the
rules, or results from differing interpretation of the rules.
59.The El Capitan Stadium Association will institute the “three-strikes-and-you-are-out” ruling with Miss Rodeo Lakeside
and Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside. First offense – Verbal Warning, second offense – Written Warning, and the third offense
Miss Rodeo Lakeside or Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside will turn in all pageant gifts to the Miss Rodeo Lakeside Queen
Committee. If Miss Rodeo Lakeside is removed from her position, the Jr. Miss Rodeo Lakeside will assume the role as
Miss Rodeo Lakeside, with the approval of the Miss Rodeo Lakeside Queen Committee. If the Jr. queen is unable to fill
the role, the Miss Rodeo Lakeside Queen Committee will appoint a representative at its sole discretion. Whoever fills the
position for Miss Rodeo Lakeside will not be able to run for the title of Miss Rodeo Lakeside in any future pageant. The
Miss Rodeo Lakeside Queen Committee reserves the right to remove the title of Miss Rodeo Lakeside or the Jr. Miss
Rodeo Lakeside immediately if the offense is too severe to go through the three-strikes process.
Contestant Signature ___________________________________________________Date____________
(If contestant is under the age of 18 years, one parent or legal guardian must sign this agreement)